Thursday 27 October 2016

Coat and Dress


Jacket | Mango (old, similar here and love this one too)
Dress | Zara
Shoes | Everbest

Wearing a longline jacket over my dress - that's probably my favourite way to style dresses! There are so many pretty dresses out there but somehow, I don't usually fancy wearing just one dress on it's own. If you don't already know, I'm a huge fan of layering - I buy tons of basics (best if they are basics with a twist) and most of the time, my mum can't tell my tees apart! Jackets are my weakness and I can never seem to pass up on one that catches my eye (unless it's ridiculously pricey).

Let's start with this dress, shall we? It is definitely one of my favourite dresses I own. Ok, it IS my favourite dress. Black, viscose, vneck, perfect length for me, has pockets. It is definitely my favourite dress. I've had it for several years now - probably around 4-5 years! I think it was meant to be a top for taller ladies but well, I'm really tiny so the length is perfect for me. It has a slightly dipped hem at the back and the draped lapel is one of my favourite necklines too.

Got this amazing jacket last October in Turkey and I fell in love with it instantly. The sleeves were surprisingly not too long on my short arms and I love the length of it too. There's so much to this coat that I like - the colour, double breasted buttons, the weight of it (though it's kind of impractical for the bloody warm SG weather) and the split in the back.

p.s. it pains me a little to see how this pair of shoes (my fav work shoes) look so clean and almost scratch free here. I've worn them to work almost everyday since I got them and they're soooo badly scratched now!!!

xo
clara

No comments:

Post a Comment