Thursday 4 June 2015

Basic Stripes


Striped tee | Zara
Boots | ASOS
Leather vest | Dzojchen
Denim shorts | Pull & Bear
Embossed leather bracelet | Taipei
Black & blue leather bracelet & dino necklace | Agnès b.

I love my cotton tees and it's even better when it's organic cotton! This oversized tee from zara fits (oversizedly) like a dream and it's super easy to style and match. Stripes are such a classic and it's a must-have in everyone's wardrobe. Wore this look a few weekends ago to run some errands and it's super comfy (yes, even those boots are really comfy).

The fashion scene is always changing. I like to keep my existing wardrobe current and edited by incorporating (more) well-made classic pieces and some new items of the season which I would like to style and wear. That's the fun part of fashion and styling to me! There are so many types of stripes: vertical, horizontal, thick, thin, the classic french breton stripes or even irregular stripes. Even though stripes are such a classic, they will always be one of the current fashion trends. My heart races whenever I find a striped piece that's in a unique cut or fits me amazingly. I feel that most thin stripes look better on me because of my petite frame, but there are some rare thick stripes in my closet which I constantly reach for too. I like to pair it with denim / leather pieces for a dressed-down-chic look and tucked into sleek trousers with a blazer for work (yes, it's been almost a month since I started my new/first job!). I'd say I have indeed been missing t-shirts, leather and denim in my life since I started work (even dress-down day in my company doesn't allow employees to wear jeans) so I've been incorporating a lot of those elements in my weekend outfits haha.

Speaking of workwear, it's been bloody difficult to find decent workwear because I'm so petite (uk2-4). Few stores in Sg stock such petite sizes (some blogshops do but the quality is usually disappointing) so I like to shop online, especially on UK / Australian sites. BUT. They almost never provide free returns so I don't usually dare to order pricey items because I'll have to spend extra money to return them if they don't fit (happens all the time lol). Mango does nice workwear (love those from the suit collection) but they're always too big for me and when they do make EU32, it sells out SO FAST UGH. I tried the 'perfect' pair in stores ('perfect' because it requires minimal instead of drastic alterations) and they only had it in non-black colours. Of course I did buy every colour available in my size haha but I really wanted a black one too (obviously, that's my favourite colour) so I hunted for it online and I was over the moon to find it available on Zalora. And then I recalled that Zalora has free returns! Ordered a bunch of other items to try out and returned half of them because they were too big for me lol. However, I did keep one wrap dress (though it was a size too big). I had it altered and NOW IT FITS PERFECTLY. Can't wait to style and wear it!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment