Monday 25 January 2016

Abstract Stripes


Sweatshirt | Monki via ASOS (XS)
Waxed denim skirt | Mango (US 0, altered)
Bag | Bally
Boots | Miista
Necklace | Agnès B.

It's no secret I love stripes. It's probably also no secret that I love black, white and grey. Imagine my excitement when I saw this in store at Monki. And also imagine my joy I found this jumper on sale on ASOS a few months ago!

Just throw on this piece and it would make an outfit look so cool instantly. It's an interesting basic item that has a very classic shape (perfectly oversized on me). The print makes it less plain while the colours keep it really understated and matches the rest of my wardrobe perfectly. I love labels which offer basics with a twist. COS, Selected Femme, Are You Am I (label by Rumi Neely), Reformation and StyleSaint are some shops which makes seriously good quality basics. For more affordable options, Zara, Pull & Bear, Aland Zalora, Topshop, JDY, Basic House, Mango, ASOS,  Urban Outfitters and of course Monki are worth checking out!

I have another of this jumper in the exact same cutting but of a different print. They are insanely comfy and fits just the way I like my jumpers to - oversized but not toooo long. Oversized jumpers of such fit goes with everything, really. In this post, I paired it with a fitted denim mini skirt (one of my favourite denim skirts) and tucked the front in casually. Can't wait to style this jumper with so many other items from my wardrobe. It would look great over a silk/lace dress, with ripped jeans, or even with a pair of well fitted leather shorts. If it's a knit material, I would even wear it with cigarette trousers or a pencil skirt for work.

The possibilities to styling oversized jumpers are almost endless. So are denim skirts. It's been really popular starting S/S 2015 and I've gotta say, it's such a wardrobe staple - how could anyone not have one all this while? I've been loving denim skirts since secondary school and it's always challenging to find nice ones which fit me well. I turn to Zara Girls a lot (I usually wear sizes 7-8 or 9-10, depending on the cutting) and sometimes when I see a skirt I realllllyyyy like, I would just buy it even though it's 1-2 sizes too big for me and have it altered. The waxed dmim skirt in this post is exactly that. It was super loose on me when I tried it at Mango several year ago but week, I can't resist waxed denim. WITH STUDS. I mean, how could I? So I got it. And had it altered. It's been my favourite denim skirt for a couple of years now. Found a black washed distressed pair at Zara Girls a few weeks back and I can't wait to have it altered and start wearing it!

xo
clara

No comments:

Post a Comment