Saturday 25 June 2016

Rare Colour


Dress (UK2) | ASOS Petite
Leather jacket | Mint Velvet via Robinsons
Shoes | Kurt Geiger
Bag | Bally
Watch | Emporio Armani
Necklace | ShopClementine via Etsy

I don't usually wear pink but this was just too gorgeous to pass it by. I'm extremely I was in England when I ordered this and I thought - well since I get free returns for ASOS, I shall just place the order and give it a go. NO REGRETS. It fits so insanely well (no bra needed) and the colour looks surprisingly okay on me. Everything about this dress on me was perfect!

As I got news of a probable wedding to attend at the end of this year, (me, always being the earliest to brainstorm for outfits for events) I have started looking for dresses I could wear to the wedding since May. I'm not overly worried, to be honest. I have other dresses to wear which would definitely be appropriate for the occasion, but I really wanted something special for this particular upcoming wedding so - the hunt is on. Let's face it, it's never easy to find the perfect for such a special occasion. Especially so because I'm so petite and 90% of clothes out there do not fit me well. I don't wish to constantly spend a bomb on alteration (I shorten the sleeves of almost all my blazers and they cost around $30 each on average zz) hence I'm starting this search early (UK2-4 fits me the best but few shops offer dresses in these sizes) and hopefully I can find something in time.

If I am not able to find something that fits and looks amazing on me, this dress is one of my back-up plans! The colour is very appropriate for a wedding lunch/dinner and I can easily accessorize it for a more formal/wedding-appropriate look. In this post, I went with a day look that's slight edgy with the leather jacket and darker-coloured leather details from my watch to the shoe straps. The wedding I'm very much anticipating will not be held in the usual hotel/formal setting, but is more of a cosy and 'family and close friends only' setting, which I am absolutely loving (will definitely have my wedding this way too). Hence, there is a no need for a full length ballroom gown or anything of that sort and this dress would be perfect for that! If any of you girls are looking for bridesmaid dresses, this style is a great option too. Just switch out the shoes for a classic nude pointed pair or a simple peep-toe shoes and the  entire look will instantly be x10 more elegant. Paired with a silver satin clutch and that's a wedding/bridesmaid outfit good to go! Alternatively, a well made chiffon layered mini/maxi dress is a lovely silhouette which flatters many body shapes too. Anything from pastels to deep plums work well as bridesmaid dresses, depending on the theme of the wedding/the bride's wedding gown. Currently, I'm lusting over all dresses lightweight, dreamy and floaty - especially those in pastel greys. Such dresses are easy to re-wear after the wedding so money spent on it won't go to waste. They look great with a pair of strappy nude-coloured heels for weddings - or just throw on a leather jacket with ankle boots for a day out at town with the girlfriends!

xo
clara

No comments:

Post a Comment