Friday 16 October 2015

Teedress Dressed Up


Coat | Burberry Kids (similar here from the Women's Brit line)
Dress | Topshop Petite
Heels | Zara
Necklace | By Invite Only
Watch | Hugo Boss

I'm a hugeeee fan of layering and this post is all about my new favourite grey coat - a coat I have been lusting after for almost forever. I have been looking for the perfect double breasted coat and I was over the moon to have found it at JPO's Burberry at a steal. And of course, I am extremely petite so I didn't even bother browsing the women's coat section and went straight to the kids section. I am wearing a size 12Y and it fits me perfectly. The arms have just enough room for me to layer a jumper under it if I need but it isn't too baggy when worn alone either.

Autumn is my favourite season of the year and there are so many amazing coats in the spotlight this AW - check out the latest coat trends here! My favourites are the gorgeous black and white houndstooth coat by Missoni and the leather trench coat which I promised to myself will appear in my closet one day. Long coats might not always be flattering on petite ladies like myself if they're too heavy-weight.  I love this simple wool coat which has buttons placed strategically to give an illusion of a higher waistline (= longer legs). I love coats in neutral colours so they can be worn with almost anything and everything else in my wardrobe.

Matched my new coat-love with a simple asymmetrical hem tee-dress. This dress fits amazingly well and I'll admit, I never thought that I'll find a dress a tad too short for me. The length of the dress is perfect for me on the back but the wrap front made the front a little too short compared to my other minidresses and needs some getting used to. Teedresses generally have a casual vibe and well, you all know me - I love dressing up casual pieces and dressing down formal pieces. Mixing this tee dress with my new coat just makes the look really simple and chic. Any shoe would work well with this look - sneakers, ankle boots, knee high boots, heels, brogues and more. I have so many styling ideas for this coat and I can't wait to be in lower temperatures again.

No comments:

Post a Comment