Tuesday 9 February 2016

Tweed on Tweed


Tweed top | Mango (XS) (love this tweed top too!)
Tweed skirt | Gingersnaps (kids) (Similar styles here and here!)
Bag | Balenciaga
Shoes | Bally
Necklace | Agnès B.

I didn't know this previously but I actually like tweed. A lot. I am absolutely thrilled to have found this tweed top in the Mango sale a season ago and it actually fits me pretty well! Structured tops are usually too baggy (in a weird way) on me and isn't flattering at all but this one is just perfect. I love the faux 2-piece with a chiffon layer at the bottom too. Layering is the way I roll and this top just did the job for me. Love the matte black buttons down the back of it too! The sleeves fit me just the way I like it. Capped sleeves can sometimes make one's arms look thicker than they are. It's mainly because the sleeve opening isn't large enough. If it is slightly roomy for raising hands (almost every morning when I take the train) too.

I couldn't resist pairing this top with my (really old) beloved tweed miniskirt, which unfortunately is a little short for me now. And to go with the whole weaved/tweed theme, I wore this gorgeous pair of white X blueish-grey wearied leather pointed pumps (which are pretty high but surprisingly very comfy and easy to walk in). Can't wait to pair this tweed top with a nice pair of cropped grey pants too.

Check out how I styled other tweed skirts here and here!

And Happy Lunar New Year / Happy Holidays everyone!

xo
clara

No comments:

Post a Comment