Thursday 18 February 2016

Workwear | Printed Wrap Dress


Dress (UK8, tapered) |  Marks & Spencer Petite
Heels | Zara
Coat (13-14 years old) | Gingersnaps  (similar here)

Shall we take a moment to celebrate this gorgeous fabric.

I first spotted this gem in the M&S in Nottingham last winter. As usual, I was overjoyed to find that they have a petite section (sucks, none in SG as far as I know) and this dress just called out to me. It has one of the prettiest print I've ever seen and it's in a wrap style (which I'm sure you guys know I  love by now) but UK6 was no longer in stock. I was devastated and left M&S without it that day. Fast forward a few weeks later, I spotted this dress in one of London's M&S again but the smallest size they had left was UK8 too. I was so disappointed but gave it a try anyway because it was in the sale (50%) and I really liked it. Surprisingly, it was not as loose on me as I thought it would be. The sleeves fitted alright and so did the chest, only the waist was loose, and it was rather long on me. I decided to get it and have it tapered - BEST DECISION EVER. I had darts added to the waist area at the back of the dress, length shortened and sleeves tapered. It's now one of my favourite easy dresses to wear to work when I feel like I should be wearing some colour!

xo
clara

No comments:

Post a Comment